Wednesday, July 22, 2009

East Jawa Trip - Day 1

Finally finish uploading all the photos for the first day, haha. The trip was really great, the view was amazing, even the photos snaped by my camera phone was super nice, not to mention the shots from DSLR, made me tot about start plying DSLR myself. The photos i'm posting here are from my camera phone, the rest of the photos i'm gonna load them into my facebook album, i'll paste the link here after i finish uploading them, now i'm still gathering all the photos.

Things din really started very well, a week before my trip I received an sms from airasia that says my flight from surabay-JB and JB-KCH were both rescheduled. I was suppose to reach JB around 12pm and the flight to kch was 8pm, but after the rescheduling, i'll reach JB around 7pm and my flight to kch became 715pm, and tat was the last flight of the day, it was impossible for me to make it at all, so as a result airasia receive a call from a very unsatisfied customer and after 1 hour ++ of conversation with the customer service, they finally agreed to give me a credit sale for both the flights, but still I paid an extra RM165 to buy a new ticket from Surabaya-KL and KL-KCH, which the original was juz RM120+

Nonetheless, i began my trip as planed, taking the 640pm flight to Singapore. I managed to make it in time to check in after work. It was my first time on an international flight, and my first time to Changi Airport, alone too, so I was a bit worried.


Waiting @ Kuching Airport



The Plane is here~

And after the flight take off, i suddenly remembered I forgot to do a very important thing.... I withdraw the money from the bank, but i forgot to exchange it for Rupiah!!! too late T_T



Arrived @ Changi Airport

In the Arrival Hall


I decided to take the bus to Ang Mo Kio n directly go to Ding's house, I asked around for the bus station, n went down to the ground floor, which, after I found it, I remembered I dun hav any SGD with me at all, n i dun hav the ez link card too, so i asked around for the money changer again, went bek to where I was, n walked bek to the bus station again. The trip to Ang Mo Kio took around an hour, nothing much to do in the bus....

Luckily I still remeber how to get to Ding's place, well, I did stayed there for few days last year end, hehe. Chatted with Ding till almost 1am tat nite, sorry dear to disturb u again, hehe. But it was really nice getting together with u~ really missed the old days...

Initially Ding wanted to send us to the nearer MRT station on her way to work, but it was raining heavily tat morning, so she droped Irene n I at Ang Mo Kio MRT, we met with Lim at City Hall, n headed to Changi Airport.

Inside MRT

And finally we arrived at Changi Airport around 9am~

The long exculator
Terminal 3
Taking the train to T1

We meet YitPong there n checked in together

After checked in we went to Terminal 3 to take pictures again, I changed my money there, wasted around RM60-70 coz of my carelessness >_<" so, must remember to change ur $$ before going aboard ok? Then, it's off to Yogjakarta~

The pass n health declaration

We're here~

Jojakarta Airport

sterialize machine
And I was asked out of the queue for a tempreture check, so the group had to wait for me outside.

The driver, Shamron was already waiting outside for us to arrive. Irene found the package online, transport by APV (inclusive petrol & driver accomodation / meals) = IDR 3,400,000 for 6 days, which is around RM1200, the car can fit 5 ppl comfortably, the agency even will help u to book hotel n tickets, it's quite reasonable.
our car the first day
We were gonna chage to a newer car the next day, but actually tis car was not bad also. The driver took us to a nice restaurant near by for lunch.






The avocado juice i had was quite thin...

Actually picture taking are not allowed inside the restraunt, but if i din take them, u guys wont know how nice it is rite? :-p the environment there is really nice, too bad I cant say the same for the food. We ordered their set lunch, the total was IDR 174,000, around RM62 for 4 of us, a bit expensive, since it's an expensive restaurant obviously. We were the onli customer there, later throughout the trip i find it to be an odd phenomenon, there's a lot of nicely decorated restaurants around, but we were usually the onli customers, where did all the ppl go? how they manage to survive???
After lunch we went straight to Prambanan, a 1000++ years old temple which is built around the same time as borobudur. The entrance fee is IDR 90,000 per person, about RM32, there's welcoming drink over there, but we din had any since we juz had lunch.
This is a famous show for tourist, but we din stay to watch it

The smaller model
The aircon in the entrance hall was nice, n it's hot outside, but, we're not here to enjoy aircon! Luckily Irene brought an umbrella, but, we din use much of it after tis. It's a short walk from the entrance hall to the actual temple, I was really ecxited to see it!









me with the temple ^_^






The view at the temple was great! n when u actually walk into the temple, it feels kinda creepy, but the pictures there were all superb. There was more than juz temples inside, we found these dear on our way out, n there's a mesuem in there too, but we dun hav time to visit it >_<" spend too much time taking photos :-p
And I have to say, the souvenier sellers there are presistant! they even followed us all the way to our car. remeber to nego if u wanna buy anything, at least start with 1/3 of the price they offer. One more thing, the dirver doesnt pay for the parking fee, so we need to pay it ourselves, it's usually IDR1,000 OR IDR2,000, but for famous places like prambanan, the parking is IDR5,000, a bit more exp than others.
Initially we wanted to go Gunung Merapi after the Prambanan temples, but it was too late when we leave, so we decided to go hav the famous Suharti Fried Chicken at Yogjakarta city before we leave for Hotel Monohara at Borobudur.


ES=Ice
Es Kopyor, coconut with syrup, not so nice...

The food was not bad actually, u cant find it anywhere in Malaysia i think, like the cow skin n geduk(look like meat but doesnt taste like meat at all). The meal cost IDR 111,000, about RM40 for 4 person. Before we leave i went to the toilet, guess wat's it's called in indo?
It's about 2 hour's drive from yogjakarta city to Borobudur, was already dark when we reach there. Well, east jawa starts getting dark from 5pm...
We checked into Monohara Hotel, which is juz next to the Borobudur temples, it's IDR 450,000 for a double room, which is about RM160, included breakfast, day pass into the borobudur temple, n a free video show about the history of the temple. The welcoming drinks were already well laid there for us even before we finish check in. We also bought the sunrise passes for the next day, which is IDR 150,000 per person, about RM53, The guesses were required to gather there before 430am, so we asked for morning call at 345am.


Welcoming Drinks
Nice Flower~
Our Room

The ticket and the key
leaflets about the temples
I'm a millionare!! haha
After we take our baths we went out for a walk, n with hope to see the temple at nite. We were lucky enough to meet a worker there tat offered to bring us to a good view spot for the temple. I was truely amazed when i see the Borobudur temple!
After a lot of photo snapping at the temple, we went for the video session offered by the hotel. Actually u can watch it from the tv in the room too, but since they got it in wide screen, y waste it? hehe
But frankly, I was too tired n almost feel asleep half way. So immediately after the show I went bek to the room n get ready to wake up early next morning for the sunrise!

No comments: